The Inter-Club Development League is a truly unique and remarkably effective Development Program that makes full use of on field time with our Training Staff.
Our Clubs youngest Developmental Age Groups are coached on-field in real time while competing against neighboring Community Clubs.
Younger children learn in specific ways and respond differently to instruction. Rather than shouts from the sidelines getting lost in the wind above our 6 year olds, the Coaching Staff move around the field advising individually and offering visual reminders to our burgeoning Soccer Stars!
The Success of this model of teaching/learning simply cannot be argued or matched. This approach to guided learning makes sense in so many ways and the results are clear for everybody to see.
Due to the unpredictable and unreliable nature of the Local Division systems (pre-travel leagues), in which the Win-At-All-Costs mentality prevails to the detriment of all of the children’s development, the ICDL model should really be utilized until U9 (3rd grade). The Carle Place Soccer Club is committed to facilitating the formation of teams that compete in leagues that are best suited to the needs of the players.
ICDL Program Highlights
- Open to players of all abilities in 1st grade through 3rd grade
- Emphasis is on player development
- Small-sided games (5 v 5 with a keeper) against teams from other clubs
- Includes training sessions run by a professional trainer from the Empire Soccer Academy
- 20 minutes per half
- Two trainers on the field in-lieu of one referee
- Trainers will instruct and manage the games
- No score keeping or win/loss standings
- Fall and Spring sessions
- Sunday afternoon Home games
- Occasional Saturday Afternoon Games
- Some Travel to nearby towns.